If you like this gluten-free chocolate cake, you may also like these recipes:Print
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Recipe with Zucchini & Brown Sugar Streusel
The blended zucchini is awesome in this quinoa chocolate cake recipe because it makes it moist and light – and a little healthy. I love the brown sugar streusel because it was REALLY easy to do and it looks really fancy. Everyone who has tried the cake has loved it! Please let me know how it turns out for you.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 16
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free
- 1/2 Cup Butter (can substitute applesauce)
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Quinoa Flour
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Non-Aluminum Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 2 Cups Blended Zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X13-inch pan with cold coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer (handheld or stand mixer), cream together the butter, oil and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix. Add 1/2 of the milk; mix. Add another 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the remaining milk and mix followed by the last of the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in the blended zucchini.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the pecans and chocolate chips. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of everything.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs (don’t overbake!).
- Let cool completely before serving. This cake tastes best at room temperature (and is great the next day, too!).