These Keto egg muffins have your entire meal in a your hand. Plus, they are easy to customize just how you like them. Add or take away veggies, swap out the sausage for bacon or add in your favorite cheese. Make them ahead of time or whip them up, throw them in the oven, get ready and grab one on your way out the door. You will find this will soon become one of your go-to Keto breakfast recipes.
We eat these keto egg muffins at our house quite a bit, not that we intentionally eat Keto, but we are quite limited on food choices because of dietary restrictions and preferences. Plus, most of it is just how we feel. We just all feel better and our children act better when they eat low carb. Plus, our 12 year-old son is Diabetic. Luckily, he tends to like non-carb heavy foods naturally. Not that he doesn’t eat carbs. He totally does, but it’s nice to have some recipes like these that he likes that are low carb for days when he needs to reset after eating way too many carbs.
He even likes to make these keto egg muffins ahead of time and eat them cold for his school lunch, which is perfect, because his school doesn’t allow sugar in their lunches. (Isn’t that awesome?) I don’t like to keto egg muffins cold or as leftovers, cause I think they taste rubbery, but you may want to give them a try cause I’m super-picky about food texture.
Here are some tips and tricks to make these Keto egg muffins even better:
- Swap out the sausage for bacon or turkey sausage
- You can use any kind of milk you like, such as coconut milk or almond milk
- A few small cubes of your favorites cheese are delish in these
- If your sausage is greasy at all, make sure and drain it before you put it in the muffins. My son has make a huge, smoky mess in my oven more than once because he forgets to drain the sausage and it bubbles over the sides of the muffins and over to the bottom of the oven and makes a huge mess.
- You can freeze them and reheat in the microwave. They do let out some water, so put them on a paper towel.
I would love to know if you make these Keto egg muffins. Please comment below and let me know if you like them and how and when you eat them.
If you like these keto egg muffins, you may also like these recipes:Print
These Keto egg muffins are packed with protein and veggies; they are so easy to make and grab on the go and include everything in one neat little package.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
- Place the ground sausage in a sauté pan and heat on medium high. Break up the pork into crumbles with a spatula as it cooks.
- When the pork is half way cooked, add 1 T. of olive oil, onions, peppers, and oregano to the pan. Saute until the onion is translucent. Add the spinach to the pan and cover with a lid. Cook for 30 seconds, remove the lid and toss the ingredients. Spinach should be wilted but still bright green. Remove from heat.
- Place the eggs in a large mixing bowl along with the pepper, salt, and milk. Whisk together until eggs are well beaten.
- Add the sausage and vegetables to the egg mixture and mix in until well distributed.
- Divide the mixture between the greased muffin tins(12 total), making sure that each tin has a somewhat equal ratio of eggs/fillings.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. Cool for a few minutes and remove from tins, loosening the edges first with a knife.