My gluten-free pumpkin quinoa flour pancakes recipe is just what you’re looking for. It’s healthy, yummy and gluten-free, what more could you ask for. I have Type II diabetes that I control with natural supplements and by eating healthy. That mostly means NO sugar and NO white foods. So I came up with this recipe that I can eat a little of and not have problems.
Guess what? The Greek Yogurt I buy at Costco only has one ingredient – skim milk. So it only has 7g of sugar – but it’s from milk – so it’s more natural and it’s enough sugar that I thought these quinoa pumpkin pancakes tasted great! I ate my pancakes plain and the kids and my wife had pure grade B maple syrup on theirs.
My children beg for these year-round and they could care less that pumpkin foods are “fall” foods. All they know is that these gluten-free pancakes taste good. Sometimes, when I’m feeling in an extra-good mood, I top these with whipped cream or caramelized pecans. So. Good.
I tried to keep the protein level high with some in the yogurt, flour and more eggs than you would normally put in pancakes. It does make them a little thin and eggy, but I like them that way. I don’t like the texture of fluffy pancakes. Besides, I’m trying to get as much protein and as little carbs in to these quinoa flour pancakes as I can.
Please note that I eat very little sugar so I added no sugar of any kind to the pancakes so I could eat them. For me, the maple syrup on top is MORE than enough sugar. However, to those of you who would like sugar in your pancakes, please feel to follow the recipe. You could consider raw honey. I seem to be able to tolerate it the best of all the kinds of sweetener.
Let me know what you think of our quinoa flour pancakes recipe! Enjoy!
If you like these Quinoa Flour Pancakes, you may also like these recipes:Print
Gluten-Free Quinoa Flour Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
These are delicious, rich and fluffy. What more could you ask for in a gluten-free pancake?
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free
- 3/4 Cup Quinoa Flour
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Real Salt
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Combine all the wet ingredients except the eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk well. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, then stir them in.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a little coconut oil. no more than 1/2 tsp. When it melts, add a ladle of batter, about 1/2 cup. Spread to make a pancake about 5″-6″ across.
- Cook about 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles start to appear. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Continue with the rest of the batter, adding more coconut oil as needed.
- Drizzle with maple syrup or honey.
Keywords: quinoa flour, pumpkin, yogurt, Gluten-Free pumpkin pancakes