In several of the recipes that I have seen that uses gluten-free oat flour, it also calls for at least one other gluten-free flour. For example, almond flour, coconut flour, buckwheat flour, or rice flour.
Keep in mind when buying gluten-free oat flour, you need to make sure that you purchase the kind that specifically states that it is certified gluten-free or there is a possibility that the oat flour will not be gluten free. This kind is certified gluten free. If you want to make your own oat flour, there are instructions here.
Most of the recipes that I could find were either a breakfast food or a dessert. I’m not sure why that is, but I’m not complaining since I’m always looking for new gluten-free breakfast and gluten-free dessert recipes.
I do know that from my experience I always feel full longer when I eat oatmeal so maybe that is one of the reasons why there are so many breakfast foods that use oat flour. No matter the reason, I am very excited to be trying these new gluten free recipes that use oat flour. Please comment below if you try any of these recipes and if you liked them or not.
- 1. Easy, Gluten-Free Pumpkin Protein Bars Recipe
- 2. Slow Cooker Gluten-Free Molten Lava Cake Recipe
- 3. Kale, Mushroom & White Bean Pizza on Oat & Almond Flour Crust Recipe
- 4. Maple Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 5. Peanut Butter & Banana Breakfast Cake Recipe
- 6. Toasted Coconut Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe
- 7. Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread with Honey-Lemon Glaze Recipe
- 8. Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes with Coconut Syrup Recipe
- 9. Gluten-Free Peppermint Brownies Recipe
- 10. Skinny Snickerdoodles Recipe
- 11. Christmas Breakfast Cookies Recipe
- 12. Oat Flour Banana Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe