This gluten-free easy taco soup recipe with ranch dressing is one of my go-to recipes. I make it twice a month because it’s easy and everyone loves it. It is really good to make for a big crowd of people, especially when you eat gluten-free and not everyone else does. This recipe is naturally gluten-free, so other people won’t even care that they aren’t getting the gluten.
This easy taco soup recipe with ranch dressing is my mother’s favorite meal for several reasons. It’s really quick and easy to make. It is gluten-free and she has to eat gluten-free. She also has to eat dairy-free so she just doesn’t use the cheese and sour cream and it is dairy-free. She likes it just fine without the cheese and sour cream. It’s also sugar free which my Mom has to avoid. It has plenty of protein and fiber in it plus it’s a one pot meal. She doesn’t have to make any side dishes to go with it. That makes it an even easier meal to prepare. It is also very inexpensive to buy all of the ingredients for. Mom likes the Frito’s with it because they are gluten-free and they help give it some extra flavor because she can’t eat the cheese and sour cream.
I often change things up a bit. Here are some variations, substitutions, etc.
- The ranch seasoning packet is optional. I often don’t include it because I often forget to buy a packet, but it does give it a little extra flavor kick that’s not spicy at all, but flavorful.
- I often leave out of the tomato sauce and instead blend the diced tomatoes and maybe add some extra water.
- The amount of water/broth you use can change based on your other ingredients, how long you cook it and how liquidy you like your taco soup.
- I often leave out the corn. It tastes pretty good with a little sweet nugget and it gives it extra color, but i don’t really like corn and I consider it a grain, not a vegetable.
- Sometimes I used dried onions instead of fresh. I really hate cutting and frying onions. I like being able to just open a bottle and get a spoonful and throwing them in the soup.
- I don’t add the water because I like it thicker, less like soup and more like chili.
- Sometimes I like to make it with black beans instead of kidney beans because personally I have a lot less gas with black beans. A combination of different kinds of beans is good too.
- I often use Fritos instead of tortilla chips. So good.
- If you want some extra flavor and extra veggies, add some chopped up red and green bell peppers, jalapeños and/or diced green chilis.
You may also like these recipes:
Easy 30 Minute Gluten-Free Taco Soup Recipe
This gluten-free taco soup recipe is so easy and so good. Throw ground beef and some cans of beans, tomatoes, veggies, etc. and seasoning packets in a pot. Let it simmer for a few minutes and I have a healthy meal the whole family loves!
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet
- 1 Ranch Seasoning Packet (optional)
- 15 ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 28 ounce Can Diced Tomatoes (I like to blend them)
- 15 ounce Can Kidney Beans
- 15 ounce Can Corn Kernels
- 2 cups Water or Chicken Broth
- Sour Cream, to garnish
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese, to garnish
- Tortilla Chips, to garnish
Place the olive oil in a large saute pan and heat on medium/high. Add the ground beef to the pan (unless you have a high fat content ground beef and then you don't need the oil). Break the beef into small pieces as it cooks, using a wooden spoon. When the beef is cooked through, add the onion and seasoning packets. Stir together and saute for another 5 minute, or until onion is translucent.
Transfer the beef mixture into a soup pot or crock pot. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, and water to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
Either cook on the stove in the soup pot for as little as 10 minutes, or alternately, cover the crockpot with the lid and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
Serve topped with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and tortilla chips.
Let me know how you like this easy taco soup recipe with ranch dressing. I would like to know if you like it as much as my family and I do.