You may think it’s hard to find a healthy pumpkin protein bars recipe but I have a great one for you today. I don’t know many people who don’t love a good treat!
I actually bag them up as pairs and keep them in my fridge all the time! I usually make a batch every single week, in fact! I send them with my husband for snacks at work and always have them for when I need a quick meal or on the go treat! My daughter even loves them! You can freeze them too if you want to make a few batches at a time.
- 1 C. Oat Flour
- 1 ½ scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ t. Baking Powder
- ½ t. Real Salt
- 2 t. Cinnamon
- ¼ t. Allspice
- ¼ t. Ground Ginger
- ⅓ C. Brown Sugar(packed)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 C. Pumpkin Puree (Fresh or Canned)
- ½ T. Vanilla
- ½ C. Pecans or Walnuts, chopped (optional)
- ½ C. White or Dark Chocolate Chips, melted (optional)
- Grease an 8x8 glass baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oat flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and brown sugar.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla until smooth and well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the top of the batter evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 23-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the dish for at least 20 minutes before slicing into squares.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over the bars, if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.